Monday, May 17, 2010

Pendants!

It is so difficult for me to create anything when the sun is shining, however, sometimes I can dream up some fun things when sitting in it's rays.   Soldered glass pendants can be simple, artistic, whimsical, political... just about anything you can dream up.  Many folks are creating them for these reasons and more, I just like to play with glass, paper, and metal... and having fingers always covered in glue can be helpful (and sticky) around the house...LOL!

I get asked all the time how do I get my solder smooth... here are 2 tips that has helped me and I am going to share it with you.  Gel Flux, the only way to go.  You can control gel flux much more easily than with a liquid or spray, also, have a soldering iron that has a temp control, don't buy the cheap ones at the craft stores, the temperature changes to much and it will cause "sticking" or bumps in solder.  Inland is a good professional brand and may cost more but you will get better results.

Or (the sales person in me) I can make some for you... tee hee.  I love creating keepsakes for folks that just want a little something special and soldered glass pendants just seem to be the perfect art form for this.  If you would like me to create some or would like to purchase one I already have completed, find me here....  Beady Monkey Pendants



No comments: